29 October 2012

My Top 5: Favourite Beauty Oils


Years ago I couldn’t imagine using oil for anything but cooking, and with combination skin, often prone to breakouts, definitely not on my face.

Fast track a few years, and I have countless of beauty oils in my bathroom cabinet, as I have realised how beneficial these oils are for skin, body, hair and nails, and yes even for my face.
Here are my favourites.. 




Kosmea Rosehip Oil
I have tried a few other brands of rose hip oil, and I can honestly say that this one from Kosmea so far is the best one of them all!! If you haven’t seen my full review, you can see it here.

I use it only at night, as I feel it is too intense to use during the day under makeup. Just a few drops before my moisturiser, even around the eye area, and the next morning I wake to a skin that is soft, smooth and thoroughly moisturised. It is just glowing and radiant.
My pigmentation has started to fade, and the fine lines on my forehead and around my eyes, look as though they have softened in appearance, as have the scarring from past acne.

Using just a few drops at a time, the 20ml bottle will last you a long time so it is very affordable for such an effective product.

RRP: $24.95 (20ml) – available from Priceline, chemist and Kosmea



Palmer’s Skin Therapy Oil
I absolutely love this body oil, which comes in a handy pump bottle. It has a gorgeous yet subtle powdery floral scent of rose hip. It absorbs quickly into my skin leaving without leaving my skin sticky or greasy, rather it leaves soft and thoroughly moisturised, and with a nice sheen. And as it has significantly reduced the appearance of stretch marks and scars.

This oil is also perfect to add into a running bath, and afterwards my skin is left hydrated and silky soft.

RRP: $17.95 (150ml) - Available from Priceline and chemists.

 

Grown Body Serum with Ylang Ylang, Tamanu & Omega 7
The Grown Body Serum  is very light in texture, and it absorbs quickly into the skin without staining my clothing with oil marks, leaving my skin feeling thoroughly moisturised, soft and glowing , yet without making it feel greasy or sticky.

It is beautifully scented with essential oils rather than synthetic perfume, and it has a gorgeous and natural citrusy/woody/floral fragrance.

And I love that it is made from 100% certified organic ingredients, which are free from lauryl sulphate, glycols, petrochemicals, artificial fragrance, animal derivatives, T.E.A., D.E.A, synthetic colours, silicones and parabens. 
RRP: $43.95 (100ml) - Available from Grown

 


David Babaii Miracle Oil

Having now tried several different hair oils, ranging in price from $9.95 to over $60, I have now concluded that the Miracle Oil from David Babaii is my absolute favourite. If you haven’t seen my full review, you can see it here.

The Miracle Oil is one of the few hair oils that I have come across that does not contain harmful toxins, silicone, sulphates, parabens and petrochemicals.
Just a few pumps of the oil after washing my hair, it is so much easier to comb my long and thick hair, and it leaves it soft, shiny and very moisturised. 

I also use the oil as both as a protector prior to heat styling my hair, but also as a shine serum on the days that I do not wash my hair, and the product is making my hair look shiny and healthy while it smooths down any frizz.  

RRP: $29.95 (120ml) - Available from Priceline and David Babaii



Jojoba Oil

The Jojoba oil is such a versatile oil that can be used to It moisturise and nourishes ageing skin, as as a massage oil. It easily removes all traces of even waterproof make-up, without rubbing or pulling and leaving the delicate area soft and moisturised. 


It also works brilliantly as a hair treatment to condition dry hair, and as a nail and cuticle oil, it leaves cuticles hydrated and healthy. 

The best part is that Australian made 100% Natural Australian Jojoba contains no harmful detergents, chemicals, parabens, artificial fragrances, colours, PEGs, mineral oils, sodium lauryl sulphate (SLS), or animal products. This Jojoba oil is truly an essential multi-tasker that should be kept in every bathroom.


RRP: $29.95 (30ml) - Available from The Jojoba Company


 

Have you tried any of these oils? Which one is your favourite one?
 
 
 
 
Share:

4 comments

  1. I can't agree with you more. I have oily combination skin and the idea of oils on my face used to be a big no no. I started using hair oils about 2 years ago, and since I have also started using cleansing oils and oils for moisturising. I have only used the Kosmea one from the ones you listed, I have a baby sample from the Lust Have It box this month and a 20ml bottle, and I love it. I have been neglecting my serums because I tend to use the Kosmea oil instead!

    http://kitschsnitch.blogspot.com.au/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have tried a few RHO's, and my favourite is definitely the Kosmea one. I also love the cleansing oils, Shu Uemura is the best!

      Delete
  2. I'm so interested in trying rose hip oil, but have always been too scared because my skin is sensitive and tends to breakout. Your review makes me more keen to try it though... I'm started to get drier skin as I age (but still get the occasional breakout), so this oil could be good.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was also very hesitant in trying the RHO, fearing my skin would break out, but had the same problem, especially during winter, that my skin was starting to get a bit more dry, and the RHO really helped. My skin does get a bit greasier during summer, but I didnt use the RHO last summer, so I hope it wont cause me any issues this summer!

      Delete

Blog Design Created by pipdig