27 October 2012

Product Review: griffin + row Nourish

Always looking for the perfect moisturiser that agrees with my combination skin, after trying the griffin + row Natural Skin Moisturiser, Nourish, here are my thoughts:

 



What they say:

"A rich, nurturing natural skin moisturiser that provides your skin all day protection. Formulated with centess complex for increased resistance to skin ageing".

Price: $32.99 (75ml) – Available from griffin + row

What I say:

Increasingly concerned with what’s in all the beauty products that I use, I was very excited to see that the griffin + row Natural Skin Moisturiser Nourish, is it is free from harmful chemicals, and contains no parabens, SLS, or synthetic preservatives, artificial colours or fragrances, as well as it is not tested on animals. 

Instead the moisturiser contains a cocktail of pure plant extract, from six active ingredients which together target four signs of ageing; lack of oxygenation, free radical damage, lack of hydration and diminished collagen. In addition, Nourish also contains aloe vera leaf juice, macadamia oil, jojoba oil, avocado oil, rosemary extract, natural vitamin E, and shea nut butter. I instantly feel in love with the sound of that!!

Having combination skin, which often tends to break out, especially if using too heavy, thick or concentrated creams, I was a little worried that my skin would not agree with it. 

The cream has a thick and very concentrated texture, and initially it does feel heavy and a bit greasy, however, it quickly absorbs right into the skin, leaving it soft and smooth, with a matte dewy finish. A perfect base for foundation. 

I am pleased to say that it so far has not made my skin break out. Rather my skin is soft, and thoroughly moisturised and nourished – It is glowing, clear and healthy looking, and clearly thriving from not being covered in a multitude of chemical nasties! I’m very excited with the thought of what the Nourish cream will do to my skin after prolonged use. 

I love the fact that the Nourish cream comes in a squeeze tube is designed to stand on its lid, so that the contents drops down, and you can use every last drop. I also like that it is a tube as it is so much more hygienic than a jar.

As previously mentioned, Nourish is very thick and concentrated, so only a very small amount is needed , which means the large 75ml tube will last you a very long time.

Nourish smells absolutely divine – natural, fresh and a bit zesty, which I really love, - yet it is still very subtle, and far from overwhelming. 

All in all, I love knowing that I am not adding more chemicals and harmful nasties to my daily beauty routine than "necessary", and Nourish being a natural product makes me feel good and somewhat healthier too, and for that reason, I do give it a couple of bonus points.


Do you use natural skincare products? Have you tried any of the products from griffin + row?



 

Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blog Design Created by pipdig