22 October 2012

Product Review: O&M Original Queenie Firm Hold Hairspray

Having long hair with some fly-always, I am always looking for a hairspray that will keep my hair under control, give it flexible hold, while not drying it out.

Here are my thoughts on the O&M Original Queenie Firm Hold Hairspray from Original Mineral:
 
 

What they say:
"Set and Forget. Original Queenie is a twist on the stone cold classic. Its flexible hold will survive a hundred and one brush strokes without complaint – no flakes or unwanted stickiness here. Australian native Lilly Pilly extends hold by reducing unwanted oil, while Quandong adds weightless protection to nourish the hair".

Price: $31.95 for 328ml – Available from Adore Beauty 

What I say:
Just a few fine sprays of this hairspray, and my hair stays in place and flyaways are controlled, while still allowing my hair to move, yet without drying or weighing it down. The hairspray is perfect for use with brushed out curls as it doesn’t leave my hair hard and sticky, as well as it doesn’t make the hair clump together or make it go stiff.

I also love the fact that it is made from natural ingredients, including Lilly Pilly, which works to absorb oil from the hair, so it in a way also acts as a dry shampoo as well. It also contains Quandong, which moisturises the hair and protects it during heat styling.
Unlike most other hairsprays, it has a beautiful scent, no doubt coming from the natural ingredients in the hairspray. But the scent is still very subtle and far from overpowering, and it quickly fades again.
I also like that the hairspray comes in a stylish hot pink can, it is so girly and fun. But even better, that it has not been tested on animals.

Normally I would only pay between $6-8 for a hairspray, so is it really worth paying $31.95, five time as much, for this hairspray?

All in all, it really is one of the best hairsprays that I have ever used as it keeps my hair styled and under control, yet it looks so natural and is giving my hair a moisture treatment at the same time, so yes, I think it is worth the splurge.


Have you tried this hairspray from O&M? What's the most you have ever paid for a hairspray?



Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blog Design Created by pipdig