15 November 2012

Product Review: Be in AWE Shaanta Night Balm

Always on the lookout for more natural skincare products, in trying to reduce the chemical nasties and artificial fillers that I use on my skin, I tried the Be in AWE Shaanta Night Balm. Here are my thoughts;




What they say:
Shaanta Night Balm is an ultra moisturising, non-greasy product that provides intense hydration. It's perfect for mature, dehydrated and dry skin. Potent antioxidants and novel ingredients treat skin at the cellular level, increasing its own ability to create hydration. A noticeable difference in skin texture, elasticity and suppleness is to be expected. Natural ingredients include Indian Gooseberry, ginko biloba and gotu kola.

RRP: $120 (50ml) - Available from Be in AWE and select beauty salons.

What I say:
This is the first product I have used from the Be in Awe brand, so I did a little research into the company and was instantly impressed reading that the products are free from parabens, propylene glycol, SLS, SLES, formaldehyde releasers and artificial fragrances. I love knowing that I am not drowning my skin with damaging chemicals and parabens. And the fact that the products are based on Ayurvedic studies sounds very interesting too. And I’ll give even more bonus points because it is both Australian owned and made!

The cream comes in a matte black pump canister, which is so sleek, and I really love that it is black, it is such a nice change to the usual white packaging of most products. The cream has a removable lid, and has a pump, which I also really love as it is so much more hygienic than both jars and tubes. On the other hand, some products in pump bottles are impossible to completely empty, so if this will be the case, only time will tell.
 


The cream has a thick consistency, and having combination skin, prone to breakouts, I was a little worried that this cream would be too rich for my skin, and consequently make my skin break out. But I didn’t need to worry, as that has not been the case at all. In fact, it has been almost like it has had a balancing effect, as my skin seems to be feeling less greasy.

At night, when I applied this after cleansing, and I found that I needed two pumps of the cream for my face. The cream instantly absorbed, actually almost too quick, so you really have to work fast at smoothing it in, or it is absorbed before you know it. And unlike many other night creams, it doesn’t leave behind any greasy feeling, but instantly leaves my skin is left soft, smooth and very moisturised, and looking healthy,

In the morning my skin feels great and looked good, and is not oily like I get with many concentrated some night products.

The cream has a somewhat strange scent, which is very hard to explain. But knowing that it does not contain artificial fragrances, at least I know that it is a natural scent that comes from the natural ingredients used in the cream. I can’t say that I’m in love with this scent, and can easily imagine that it would put others off. But on the other hand I can certainly tolerate the scent, - and hubby didn’t comment on it either, which he usually does when things are too strong scented, so it can’t have been too bad!! And the scent does start to fade as soon as the cream has absorbed into the skin.

At $120 for 50ml it is not cheap, but as only a very little cream is needed, it will last you for quite a while.

All in all, it is a lovely moisturiser, and for once, a night cream has actually agreed with my combination skin, so I have thoroughly enjoyed using it, and I’ll be sure to check out other products in the Be in Awe range.


Have you tried any of the products in the Be in Awe product range? What’s your preferred night cream?
 
 
 
 
Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blog Design Created by pipdig