20 November 2012

Product Review: NIVEA Hand Pure & Natural Hand Cream

I have two beautiful dogs, which I love to bits. But they also mean that I am constantly washing my hands, with often results in very dry hands and nails, so I am constantly looking for a great hand cream. Here are my thoughts on the NIVEA Hand Pure & Natural Hand Cream;




What they say:
"New NIVEA Pure & Natural Hand Cream specially formulated to protect and nourish dry hands all day long and support the skin’s natural balance".


RRP: $4.37 (75ml) – Available from Priceline, select chemists and supermarkets.

What I say:
This hand cream contains up to 95 per cent natural ingredients and is free from parabens, silicones, mineral oils, and artificial colours – and always keen to reduce the amount of chemicals in my skincare, I instantly loved the sound of that.

In spite of washing my hands countless of times during the day, the Nivea Pure & Natural Hand Cream, instantly makes my hands feel soft and moisturised, no doubt due to being enriched with argan oil. After continued use a few times during the day, my hands are so soft, and the skin looks smooth, hydrated and healthy.
The hand cream comes in a tube designed to stand on its flip top lid, which I like, as it makes it easier to use every last bit of the cream as it drops down in the tube as it is used.

It has a gorgeous scent, which is fresh light, and reminds me of cucumber and aloe vera – and very different from the typical Nivea scent that I’ve grown up with. The scent does linger for a little while, but it is still subtle and far from overwhelming, and as I really like the scent, I don’t mind one bit! Hubby is usually complaining when hand creams are too perfumed or too ‘girly’, but he too thought it smelt ‘nice’ and felt that it made his very dry hands very soft and moisturised.

On the negative side – being 40 years old, I do look for hand creams with anti-ageing properties, as well as SPF to avoid any further sun damage, but sadly this hand cream does not include these. So I would love to see this Pure & Natural range extended to include these as well. However, on the other hand, it does get bonus points for being free from parabens, silicones, mineral oils, and artificial colours. It is a nice change to see such a large company as Nivea also introducing products with less chemicals.

All in all, it is a fantastic hand cream, and retailing at just $4.37 for a tube of 75ml, it is a bargain, suitable for the whole family. I will continue to use the hand cream, will definitely be considering purchasing it again in the future.
 
Have you tried any of the products in the Nivea Pure & Natural range? What’s your preferred hand cream?
 
 
 
 
Share:

4 comments

  1. I have used the Nivea one for dry hands up this month, I might try this one next!
    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really does smell amazing, nice and fresh. If you hurry, I believe that Priceline has 40% of all Nivea today only 21/11/12), which would make it pretty cheap!

      Delete
  2. I have this and love it! Great review.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks heaps Hui! I love it too, and will definitely buy it again. But if only it had some SPF in it as well!

      Delete

Blog Design Created by pipdig