12 February 2013

Physicians Formula Happy Booster Glow & Mood Boosting Powder

Having combination skin, my face, and in particularly the t-zone area mostly starts to shine by lunchtime, and that’s when a pressed powder always comes to the rescue, saving the look of my makeup for the rest of the day. When I was asked to trial *Physicians Formula Happy Booster Glow & Mood Boosting Powder from the lovely and talented makeup artist, Tammerly from Spoilt by Pink Diva, I naturally happily accepted. Here are my thoughts;




What They Say:
Physicians Formula Happy Booster Glow & Mood Boosting Powder is an ultra-smooth perfecting powder that features a palette of colours to even out skin tone and add radiance to skin. The powder has been infused with natural plant extracts to promote happiness and mimic the effect of endorphins.

RRP: Price: $29.95 – Available from Priceline and select pharmacies

What I Say:
I was instantly impressed with the Happy Booster Glow & Mood Boosting Powder – and who wouldn’t be with all those pretty hearts. The powder contains a variety of beige, peach, light brown and a single pink heart, all with various amount of glitter, though still so subtle that it just adds a touch of glow – and not like a complete ball of glitter. The combination of colours also means that the powder doubles as a blusher and highlighter as well. The colours blend together to help even out the skin tone, and the single pink heart adds a touch of subtle colour and radiance to the skin, which I find is a lovely touch, and so different to other powders. For an extra pop of colour, you can sweep brush over the pink heart only and just apply on your cheeks.

The Happy Booster Powder is ultra-smooth and light weight, and the pigments are so finely milled that it blends easily, and feels comfortable to wear, as well as it looks natural on the skin. Being translucent, and as such doesn’t provide any colour, this powder is suited to fair and medium skin tones. The powder has a good staying powder, and using it on top of my normal foundation, it also worked as a setting powder, with little touch ups required during the day.

The Happy Booster Glow & Mood Boosting Powder is infused with natural plant extract claimed to promote the feeling of happiness by mimicking the effect of endorphins and helping protect the skin from environmental stress. To be very honest, I do not think that using the Happy Booster Glow & Mood Boosting Powder made me any happier, except for the smile on my face from looking at the pretty palette with the hearts.

The powder is further more enriched with a violet scent – which was also the first thing I noticed when I took the powder out if its packaging. The fragrance does not last on my skin at all, and while this is a lovely touch, and while this does not cause any issues for my skin, I would prefer it to be fragrance free, and I could also imagine this scent would disagree with sensitive skin types.

The Happy Booster Powder is hypo-allergenic, dermatologist approved, non-comedogenic as well as paraben free, which is all fantastic, but again as mentioned above, I also wish that it was perfume free.

Happy Booster Glow & Mood Boosting Powder comes in a pink metallic compact that I must admit I find a little too bulky, and the metallic pink colour looks a little too girly and cheap for my liking. But it does have a hidden compartment which houses the little brush as well as a mirror, both of which is handy for touch ups on the go. The brush is half pink and half red and so cute too, but I find that it is a little too stiff, and will quickly scrape and ruin the pretty design, as well as it is so small that it allow you sweep it over all the colours in the palette, making it more difficult to achieve an even look – and consequently I found I had much better results using one of my one larger and softer brushes.

The Happy Booster Glow & Mood Boosting Powder retails for $29.95, and all in all it is a fantastic buy, and I will definitely continue to use it and consider repurchasing in the future.

*This product was kindly provided for trial by Spoilt by Pink Diva, and it has been reviewed in accordance with my Disclosure Policy.

What do you think of the idea of mood boosting makeup? Have you ever tried any of the makeup from Physicians Formula?





Share:

8 comments

  1. Great review! I always see good things about this!

    I may just have to pick it up :P

    Sarah
    morethanadored.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks heaps. It was my first ever Physicians Formula makeup, and it definitely wont be my last!!

      Delete
  2. Aaah love it, how cute are those little hearts!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks really nice but I don't see how it can really boost your mood :P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, it is cute, and no, apart from making me smile when I look at it, its hasnt done a lot for my mood when using it!!

      Delete
  4. I definitely use this as more of a blush/ highlighter than an overall face powder. Too much shimmer for my oily skin.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is actually not very shimmery all - with my combination skin, I also avoid that!!

      Delete

Blog Design Created by pipdig