30 June 2013

Product Review: Vani-T Brazilian Bronze Self Tan Mousse

I am (naturally) normally cautious spending too much time outside in the sun, but this summer, being pregnant, I have spent even less time outside, as the heat has simply made me feel uncomfortable. To make sure I didn’t look completely pasty, I have therefore been relying on self-tanners for a bit of a summer tan. Over the years I have tried numerous self-tanners, but I am still looking for the perfect one, so when I was asked to trial the *Vani-T Brazilian Bronze Self Tan Mousse by the lovely and talented makeup artist, Tammerly from Spoilt by Pink Diva, I naturally happily accepted. Here are my thoughts;


 

What They Say:
"Brazilian Bronze is the ultimate in self tanning for those wanting a rich, ultra dark tan with ease of application of a velvety mousse - a guaranteed flawless, streak free tan in as little as 1 hour!"

"The lightweight formula infused with Aloe Vera and Cehami (Australian botanical) will provide an even, natural looking tan, whilst hydrating the skin. The potent anti-aging and skin firming properties of Quandong, Australian Kakadu Plum Extract (Vitamin C) and Vitamins A & E mean you are one step closer to younger, healthier looking skin with each application."


RRP: $39.95 (125ml) – Available from Vani-T Online, and Select Beauty Salons.

What I Say:

The Vani-T Brazilian Bronze Self Tan Mousse comes in a small white pump bottle with a bright pink label, which makes it look so girly. The actual self-tanner is a liquid, but the pump nozzle on the bottle turns the liquid into a lightweight foam, in similar style as the new breed of hand soaps currently on the market.
The Brazilian Bronze is made from natural ingredients, and it is infused with Aloe Vera and Cehami, as well as it contains Quandong, Australian Kakadu Plum Extract, known to be extremely high in Vitamin C, as well as it contains Vitamins A & E, to provide the skin with hydrating, anti-ageing and skin firming properties.

As with all self-tanners you get the best result if the skin is well exfoliated first, and dry areas such as knees and elbows are moisturised first to avoid these areas absorbing too much of the self-tanner, and thereafter developing a darker tan than the rest of the body.

Vani-T does recommend using the special Vani-T's Bronzing Mitt, when applying the self-tanner for a more even result – but not having one of the mitts at hand, I have simply been using my hands, as I usually do when applying self-tanner.

The foam is easy to spread and blend into the skin, yet it absorbs extremely quickly, so you need to work very fast to ensure an even result.

Vani-T, recommends waiting just 60 seconds before getting dressed. The tan then develops – and according to Vani-T, you can then ‘customise’ the depth of the tan depending on how long you leave it on before washing it off. Washing if off after 1 hour will give you a dark tan, 2 hours a darker tan, and 3-4 hours will give you the darkest tan.

Again, not having been much outside this summer, I was a little pale, so consequently decided to wash it off after just an hour. And I was then left with a natural looking tan, which lasted for about 4 days before it starting fading evenly, so it continued to look natural.

I also tried to follow up with adding another ‘coat’ of the Brazilian Bronze a few days after the first application – and again, each time, only letting it stay on for an hour before rinsing it off, and thereby made it possible to not only build up the tan, but also extend the life of the tan before it started to fade.

As with all other self-tanners that I have used, the Vani-T Brazilian Bronze does develop a bit of a smell at the same time as the tan, although the smell is not as strong as other self-tanners I have used. I can’t say that I have ever really liked that smell – but as you do wash it off after a little while it does actually make this smell a little more tolerable.

At $39.95 for 125ml, the Vani-T Brazilian Bronze Self Tan Mousse is more expensive than other self-tanners on the market, however, as it is naturally based, I believe that it is worth paying a little extra for it. And it is very concentrated, so you will still get quite a few applications from a bottle – so it is certainly a lot cheaper (and not to mention more convenient) than going to a salon!

All in all this is a great self-tanner, and I like that it develops so fast that I can wash it off after an hour or so, and thereby avoid the ‘self-tan smell’ all day – and for that I give it bonus points! I will enjoy using the rest of the bottle and will look into purchasing it again in the future.
*This product was kindly provided for trial by Spoilt by Pink Diva, and it has been reviewed in accordance with my Disclosure Policy.



Have you ever tried any of the products from Vani-T? Do you use a self-tanner? Which one is your favourite?

 
Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blog Design Created by pipdig