29 December 2014

YAY - WE'RE PREGNANT

If you are a regular reader of my blog, I am sure you may have noticed that something has been up at the Beauty & Lifestyle Hunter blog since my recent trip to Europe…. The daily postings have slipped from time to time over the last few months, actually rather frequently...

Our now 18 month old boy can be blamed for a lot – he simply takes a lot of my time during the day, and as he rarely takes a nap that is much longer than an hour, it leaves me with very little time to myself (and to much-needed housework!), and consequently also to blog! I do try to get ahead over the weekends and prepare a few extra posts, take photos etc., but you can only do so much when you also have other commitments and when you also want to spend some quality time with your family!






But my little boy is not to blame for everything – there is another reason – I have not been feeling that well for the past two months – quite frankly, I’ve been feeling pretty average - you see, I’m pregnant – yep, that is right, just over 18 weeks now! And this time around, I have been really hit hard with the morning sickness that has struck at all times of the day – which has made it hard to also look after a toddler – and has left me so drained that I have simply slept during the day when he has been down for his nap = absolutely no personal time to blog!


You may recall that my story about how we were struggling to fall pregnant the first time and had to go through rounds and rounds of IVF and miscarriage too (If not, you can read all about it here) – so we were happy having just one happy healthy boy, but had made the arrangement to start IVF again once I returned from my Europe trip, and just give it a few goes and see what happened.


And then, I found out that I was pregnant, au natural! Needless to say that we are both extremely happy. It is an absolute miracle that we never thought would be possible. And what a relief not having to go through countless hormones injections, hospital visits, days of stressing, feeling average from the medication, and of course not having to fork out the almost $4000 for each IVF round after your Medicare rebates! (just imagine all the lipsticks and shoes you could buy for that money!)






I actually realised that I was pregnant while I was in Europe when I was starting to feel a little unwell, but didn’t get tested until I got back to Melbourne, and then found out that I was in fact 7 weeks pregnant – so I had already been 3 weeks pregnant when I flew over to Europe, I just never knew, although I was suspecting it for the last two weeks in Europe!
Luckily the morning sickness is has more or less gone now, and I have not been sick for over two week now, wooohooo, so fingers crossed that will be it, and I can start to gain some much needed energy again.


So what does this mean for the Beauty & Lifestyle Hunter blog…. Well it will continue on, but at some stage, daily posting may be reduced to posting just a few times a week depending on how things are going. I thoroughly enjoy my little space on the web, and love all the positive feedback, and just as importantly all the friends including both fellow bloggers, readers, brands and PRs, that I’ve made through the past 2+ years of blogging, and I would hate to give that up.


However, I will start to make some slight changes, and bring in some more baby and parenting contents, including pregnancy and baby products, baby clothing and toys, and you never know, maybe even a picture or two or a growing bump.. here's one when I was about 16 weeks pregnant, and already showing a fair bit (and a lot more than I did with my little boy at that stage), although this picture and the top I am wearing does make me look even bigger than I really was at the time.







We plan to find out at my 20 week scan in the middle of January if we are having another boy or if it is a girl – but I may just keep that to myself until baby arrives in the end of May 2015….


But still I’d love to hear your thoughts – do you think I’m having a boy or a girl? Do you believe in the old wives tale that extreme morning sickness means it is a girl? Let me know in the comments below, I'd love to hear...



Twitter | Facebook | Bloglovin | Instagram |


Share:

9 comments

  1. Congrats girl!! Looking forward to reading more on your pregnancy!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What wonderful news Karina!!!!!! A huge congrats to you and your family! I hope your pregnancy goes wells and looking forward to reading your posts in the future!!
    xx Kat @ Katness

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations!! That is fantastic and such exciting news!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awww, congrats! I have one of each, and never had morning sickness, so not sure about that one sorry.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aaaah, what a happy news :)! Congrats, Karina, I bet you're bursting with happiness at the moment <3!

    xx
    http://gita-oddsandends.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations!!!!! I'm so happy for you!
    I guess we need to ask your husband-as a male he determines the sex of the baby)) It's great to have an older brother to play with you and protect you, either it's a girl or a boy....

    ReplyDelete
  7. When I was pregnant the second time round a friend told me I was having a girl, she said you carry girls up high and boys down low.!! I certainly had a girl ! But I dont think there is really anway of telling but an ultrasound, it is a 50/50 chance no matter what you go by! I wish you well and am happy to hear it happened naturally for you! More money for baby things now!

    ReplyDelete
  8. How wonderful!! What very happy news..congratulations xo

    ReplyDelete

Blog Design Created by pipdig