1 October 2012

Product Review - Dr. LeWinn’s Skin Perfect Foundation

It was one of the products that got me excited in August, and after extensive testing, I am now able to reveal my thoughs on the latest foundation from Dr LeWinn's, the Skin Perfect Foundation.


What they say:

A foundation ideal for women wanting long-lasting foundation while also offering great coverage and sun protection. With a soft powdery finish, the formula helps visibly smooth wrinkles and fine lines, leaving skin looking firmer and more youthful. In addition to rose stem cells, matrixyl synthe’6 and tourmaline, it also contains hyaluronic acid, which assists in hydrating the skin giving it a beautiful, radiant glow. The foundation is available in six shades including Ivory, Cream, Beige, Latte, Tan and Sable.

Price: $39.95 for 30ml

 

What I say:

I personally like my foundation to have a medium to full coverage, so this foundation is a perfect match for me.

And as soon as I applied the foundation, I was instantly impressed. The Skin Perfect Foundation offers great coverage, and visibly smooths wrinkles and fine lines, leaving the skin looking radiantly glowing and super soft, smooth and hydrated, and it doesn’t fall into the creases during the day, which is another positive. When I am wearing it, it is as if I’ve shaved several years off the look of my face.

The Skin Perfect Foundation also stays true to its colour, and does not change during the day, which is sadly often the case with some foundations.

The Skin Perfect Foundation is unbelievably silky and it has a soft powdery and matte finish, which is fantastic when you have skin a little on the greasy side, as too shiny foundations will often leave the skin looking even greasier than it is. And the Skin Perfect Foundation certainly is very long-lasting. While I did need to powder powder my T-zone in the early afternoon, I certainly did not need to reapply. When used in combination with a primer, it easily lasted all day, no touch-up required.

The Skin Perfect Foundation has a lovely slightly floral scent, which is however very subtle, and which disappears almost immediately after application.

While on one hand the glass bottle is no doubt make the product appear more luxe, I don’t find it very practical and would hate to drop it on the bathroom floor. On the positive, I will give it a bonus point for the inbuilt spatula, which makes it more hygienic

All in all, it is a fantastic foundation that for me ticks all the boxes, and I really like the inclusion of hyaluronic acid and other nourishing ingredients, as in the of the day when I removed my makeup, my skin felt so soft and hydrated, almost as if I had just removed a moisturising mask. If you too are concerned about ageing skin, and you are looking for a medium to full coverage foundation with powdery matte finish, that truly makes you look years younger, then I’d definitely recommend this to you.

What do you think? Have you tried the Skin Perfect Foundation from Dr LeWinn's?


Share:

2 comments

  1. I was looking at this a few weeks ago when Priceline had a GWP (a set of brushes) but decided to go with their concealer and primer instead. I swatched the foundation and found it a bit too heavy. But I'm thinking I might buy it next Autumn/Winter when I like a heavier foundation. At the moment I love Bourjois Healthy Mix Foundation.

    I'm still yet to use the Dr LW concealer and primer, as I need to use up my current concealer and primer before opening them. I just can't resist a GWP hehehe :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, who can resist a good GWP - and Priceline seems to constantly be getting some great ones.
    I know what you mean with using up current products first, it is just so tempting to always try something new.
    I really like the Dr Lewinn's primer too - I'll make sure to do a review on it soon.
    Let me know what you think of it when you get to try it..

    ReplyDelete

Blog Design Created by pipdig