4 December 2017

STYLING YOUR HAIR WITH SCUNCI HAIR ACCESSORIES



I have quite long and thick hair, and consequently I rely heavily on hair accessories to keep my hair styled and change up my hair style. I've put a selection of their new products to the test..

With my long hair, I admit that I often have my hair in either a pony, plait or a messy bun on the top of my head, and that's where good hair elastics are important to keep my hair in place without sliding out or even worse damaging the hair.

The Scunci No Damage Polybands are tiny little clear, soft stretchy bands that are both strong and gentle on the hair, and wont tangle, snag or damage the hair, also because unlike many other bands, these do not have any metal parts. These Polybands keep my ponytail in place all day, and I love that the bands are clear too, for a more invisible look.

Another good alternative is the Scunci Metallic No Damage Elastics. These elastics come with 28 elastics in a pack in a variety of shades from white, beige, silver metallic and gold metallic, so they can add a bit of bling to your hair style at the same time. They are also perfect for use for ie, ponytails, or when putting your hair up in a bun as they give a firm hold so your hair wont slide out, and again wont cause any damage or tangles. 


Then there's the mini denim scrunchies, which remind me so much of my younger years. These scrunchies are elastics covered in fabric, ranging from white, denim, greys, black, and denim styles, which makes them a bit of an accessory at the same time. They are very versatile and can be used for pretty much anything from ponytails, plaids or buns, and the soft fabric means they are super gentle on the hair at the same time.

When I've got my hair in a simple pony, and going out, I like to dress it up a little using the Scunci Ponytail Cuff, which is a clever half ring in a gorgeous black design with gold edging. It has an elastic attached internally for your pony, and you simply place the cuff over the elastic to hide it, for a simple, yet classy look.

I admit that I my first impression of the Scunci Multiwear Headwrap was one of excitement. But then I tried it on, and it more or less hasn't left my head since. This black and white design makes it so versatile, but what's more impressive, is that it has endless uses. You can use it in so many ways, twist it, spread it out, and transform your look in an instant, from keeping your hair away from your face, like a head band, r in more of a 'beanie' style, just incredible. You can even use it as a scarf. I live opposite a lake, and it can get quite windy and my ears are very sensitive, and I'll often end up with an 'ear ache' after a walk if its cool and windy, but this clever band can even work to cover my ears up. And it is so soft, that its so comfortable to wear. I think there's only this colour available, but here's me hoping that more colours will come, and I'll be the first to purchase one of each!

When I saw the Scunci Topsy Tail, it was immediate flashback to my teenage years several decades ago. I absolutely loved using it to create that wrapped around pony tail. This pack comes with three hair elastics, and two topsy tails, a big one and a small one, as well as a little instruction booklet with step-by-step guides to give you ideas of how you can style your hair in so many different ways. It is such a cool pack, and perfect for young and old, to create some different, yet super easy hair styles.


Scunci Metallics No Damage Elastics - RRP: $7.95 / 28 elastics
Scunci No Damage Polybands - RRP: $4.95 / 52 bands
Scunci Mini Denim Scrunchies - RRP: $8.95 / 5 scrunchies
Scunci Ponytail Cuff - RRP: $9.95
Scunci Sailor's Knot Comfy Headwrap - RRP: $9.95 / 1 wrap
Scunci Multiwear Headwrap - RRP: $9.95
Scunci Topsy Tail - RRP: $9.95

Available from BigW, Coles, Target, Priceline 



* Some products may have been kindly provided for editorial consideration, and have been reviewed in accordance with my Disclosure Policy, and reviews are 100% honest and based on personal opinion and experience. Note that The Beauty & Lifestyle Hunter is not a professional or expert, so please do not substitute these opinions as professional advice. 



Remember that in between my blog posts you can always keep up with me on Twitter, Facebook, Bloglovin or Instagram



Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blog Design Created by pipdig